Thursday, January 10, 2008

The only that will make it better is a new attitude

I'm writing this to myself...but feel free to listen in on my thoughts! ;)

I'm not sure if it's an American thing or what, but the mindset of "once I accomplish this task" or "get this thing" everything will be better is so prevalent it's sad. It's in my own life, so I empathize with those who suffer from it! Happiness is not achieved or found with a ring on your finger or a new child; stress doesn't leave when your credit cards are paid off and contentment doesn't come about with money in the bank.

Hoping that the next milestone will cure any ailment is a silly notion, but for some reason we keep falling for it. If you're struggling with loneliness, believe me marriage doesn't solve that problem it just gives you a roommate to whine about your loneliness with. If your marriage is suffering adding a kid to the mix won't help! Going off on a rabbit trail, I think adding a kid to the mix amplifies the current state of the marriage - if your relationship is strained it will only get worse; and if you're happy you'll only get happier (don't quote me on that! :P).

Anyways, I'm embarrassed to admit that I find myself ignorantly thinking "once the credit cards are paid off I won't be stressed about finances anymore." What a stupid thought! After the credit cards are paid I'll find some other financial burden to rest on my heart; unless I find contentment with my financial situation.

No comments: