Friday, July 07, 2006

A Little Story of Our Big Night

I took Kathy out to dinner at the local Outback restaurant for our five-monthiversary. My original plan was to sing to her in the restaurant and propose in front of all the diners eating - but I just wasn't feeling it as the night went on. So after we ate our amazing steak dinner (me and Kath are both lovers of steak) I took her to the Botanical Gardens to "walk around."

We walked around and enjoyed the scenery, oohing and ahhing over the flowers - and then I found it. The perfect spot to propose; an enchanting little, circular area surrounded by flowers with two "love seats" on the outside and a statue in the middle. We sat down on one of the love seats and then I said "Oh! I want to sing to you..."

I got up to sing her our song (If You're Not the One by Daniel Bedingfield)..and froze! I had a hard time breathing, I was SOOO nervous. After I mustered up the courage, I sang her the first eight lines of the song-that's all I remembered. I didn't sound that good, but she was beaming. I brought her up for a hug, we embraced for a few minutes, then I got the ring out of my pocket and got down on one knee. I said:

"Kathy. I love you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to go to sleep looking at you, wake up next to you, and live my life with you. Will you marry me?"

And then I brought out the ring - and started to put it on the wrong hand!! *blush* She laughed, led me to the right finger, and the ring slid on perfectly. It was so great!

1 comment:

Denny Love said...

LMAO!! You put it on the wrong hand LOL! Congratulations! You truly are no longer weaksauce.