Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Process of Going from Man to Husband

I am going to be a husband in eight months from now. The emotions that I'm feeling range from exuberance to depression to anxiety and fear. This is going to be the biggest change in my life up to this point. I've been doing a lot of thinking as to what has to happen for me to make this transition in my mind and my attitude.

My actions are now going to start affecting myself and another person. My mistakes harm me and my wife. Any blessings that touch me now also bless my wife. Any risks I take also put my wife at risk at well. I'm used to having the ability to "go all in" when I see potential, I won't be able to do that because someone else's well being depends on my decisions.

The last month and a half has been a growing experience, I've been stretched more than I could have possibly imagined. God's shown me His power, His mercy, His grace and His love. The community around me has shown me what a Christian community is by convicting me of my wrongdoings and loving me even though I fall.

The next eight months are going to be a wild ride...

No comments: