Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Blogs that make me mad, part 1,366

So I was reading the most popular blogs on myspace today (I pick one or two based on the title) and I came across this doozy that really infuriated me, only because the principle of the blog is so widely accepted.

The blogger was telling the story of a friend he knew who would sleep with her exes because she needed sex but didn't want her "number" (number of lovers) to go up. So she just wanted sex for sex's sake, no strings attached, but didn't want to be thought of as a slut by her next lover(s) because her "number" was high. I'm sorry, but if you're sleeping with dudes (or dudes sleeping with chics) just to get laid you're a slut.

The thing that made me mad is this perception that sluttiness is a number; it's an attitude. If you're having sex outside of love, you're a slut. *angry sigh*

1 comment:

Kristen said...

*angry sighs too*