Tuesday, September 26, 2006

1 Peter 3:7

"You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered."

This verse blew me away. If I am getting the correct interpretation it says that if the husband doesn't treat his wife with understanding and honor his prayers will be hindered! The way a man treats his wife directly relates to how his Lord responds to his prayers! As I reflected on this verse, I was trying to form a definition of the word honor, but couldn't quite come up with anything. So I found an online dictionary and this is what I found [definitions unrelated to marriage have been omitted]:

hon‧or
1. honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions: a man of honor.
2. a source of credit or distinction: to be an honor to one's family.
3. high respect, as for worth, merit, or rank: to be held in honor.
5. high public esteem; fame; glory: He has earned his position of honor.
13. to hold in honor or high respect;
14. to treat with honor.

So if I do not treat my wife with honesty, fairness, respect, and am not an integrous husband my prayers will be hindered. I have to get to work, but this passage is amazing!

1 comment:

Kathy B. said...

I like.;)