Thursday, September 28, 2006

Things I love about Chicago

As much as I complain about being out here in Illinois and not being able to see my friends and family back home, there are some things about Chicago that I absolutely love!

1) The skyline. When I get off the train, I get to see the Hancock Tower; on my way to work I pass by numerous buildings engraved in history, and the Sears Tower can be seen from my window. It's awesome!

2) The clean air. For a big city, Chicago's air is amazingly clean. It's never hard to catch a full breath out here, like it is in LA.

3) The food! Chicago is famous for its food, and rightfully so! The deep-dish pizzas are amazing and they have some of the best restaurants I have ever been to.

4) The church. We have a great church out here, I love the Evanston Vineyard. The worship is great, the Spirit is really moving in that church and there's a lot of wisdom in the people.

5) The girl. I get to see Kathy every day! Yay!

6) The job. I love my job. I don't think I'll ever find a job with this mix of relaxation, challenge, comfort and encouragement that I find in this job. It's great.

Of course, I'm very excited to move back to California; but I wanted to share some of the really positive things about Chi-town! :)

1 comment:

Kathy B. said...

Chi-town for the win!